Chalk Paint® decorative paint
“Painting with our paint should always be a pleasure.”
Chalk Paint® is Annie Sloan paint. Annie Sloan developed her now famous decorative paint, Chalk Paint®, in 1990. Back then, there was no paint available with the properties Annie was looking for, so she decided to develop her own. She came to choose the name “Chalk Paint” because it was suggestive of its very matt—almost chalky—finish.
Chalk Paint® is different. It is not simply paint with chalk added to it. It is not chalkboard paint. It is not made by adding plaster of Paris or grout or even baking soda to an existing paint. Chalk Paint® is the unique decorative paint Annie Sloan developed for furniture, floors and walls, drawing on a lifetime of research and experience in working with paint and colour. Chalk Paint® adheres to most surfaces and creates gorgeous results quickly and easily. Use it for a textured finish, a distressed finish, a smooth contemporary finish or even as a wash.
Chalk Paint® is a non-toxic, water-based paint that is lead-free, EG-free, odour-free and has very low volatile organic compounds (VOCs). There is only one Chalk Paint® but it offers endless possibilities.
- BEST paint on the market for painting furniture
- Paint can be use on most surfaces - literally!
- Use on walls- for a soft matte effect or wax it for a polished plaster effect
- Can even use paint on floors
- Paint can be applied to interior or exterior surfaces and furnishings
- Use one color or layer colors
- Distress and apply waxes to create an old world patina
- Can be used as a wash-dilute with water so when you apply paint it shows the wood grain
- You can use it as an impasto (thickly), just leave the lid off to thicken
- Very little black is used so the colors can be mixed in any combination
EASE OF USE:
- No need to prime or prepare
- The colors are mixed intelligently